Lime rendering has many attractive qualities when compared to modern day equivalents and contains either a natural hydraulic lime or a slacked hotlime (lime putty) which gives it its unique properties. A lime rendered building is both durable and beautiful, it helps keep the building dry, healthy and breathable creating a building that will withstand the worst of conditions and last decades compared to cement based renders. Lime render is usually applied with one to two base coats depending on flatness of stone or brick and then one finish coat. We use our own special mix, developed in house and, trusted by many and used for years. We have a demonstration panel which shows the colours without limewash as it has a lovely natural Cotswold lime colour.
· Lime rendering internal and external
· natural fibres and horse hair
· Cork render for insulation values and for a lightweight render
· Nhl 3.5 or 5 or more traditional putty mixes
· Repairs to wattle and daub
· Many different colours and finishes
· Struck render